Advanced Public Communications Access System
Millennium is more than a payphone. Millennium is an advanced public communications access system developed by Nortel -- the world leader in digital communication. This family of intelligent, display-based terminals takes you beyond yesterday's technology. You can offer consumers new communications capabilities -- with more convenience, security, and choices than ever before.
All this, while enhancing your image and bringing higher revenues and reliable service from each terminal.
- Higher Revenues
- Designed for Convenience
- More Responsive Service
- A Family of Terminals
- Protection from Fraud
Card calls are the fastest growing segment of the phone industry. Calling cards. Credit cards. The latest card technology -- whether dubbed smart cards, cash cards, or telecards. All these convenient new choices lead to longer calls, and that means more revenue. No payphone gives consumers as much flexibility, as much choice, as Millennium.
- Coin, calling card, credit card, and smart or cash card
- Dollar coin accepted where available
- Next Call key for easily placing multiple calls without re-inserting a card
- Display-based advertising for promotions and service announcements
- New revenue from area businesses through Quick Access keys
- New business opportunities with customized card promotions
- A platform to accept emerging technologies, such as electronic payment transactions -- E-cash, E-money, E-purse
Designed for Convenience
It's never been easier to offer today's communication services to the public. Millennium's forward-thinking design makes it easy to complete more calls and spend more time on each call. It puts the latest services at consumers' fingertips, and delivers them with extremely simple, efficient operation.
- Easy-to-follow instructions on the display
- Audible prompts through the handset
- Choice of primary or secondary language
- Quick Access keys for easy dialing to customer services, security, or local businesses such as taxis, hotels, and restaurants
- Data jack for computer connections via Desk Terminal
- Customized information or advertising messages on display
- Access for physically challenged customers through compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
More Responsive Service
At the heart of Millennium is an interactive system that ties together each terminal and manages communications and payment transactions. Millennium Manager increases your income potential and improves your image by drastically decreasing downtime. You'll get a public communications system that's available when your customers need it.
Move beyond the days of the isolated out-of-order payphone. Millennium Manager gives your service provider the power to monitor each Millennium terminal, around the clock. It even provides detailed call traffic data, which can be used to make sure Millennium is meeting your customers' needs -- with the right number and type of phones in the right place.
Millennium terminals monitor themselves with a built-in self-diagnostic system that continually checks for problems and provides status information on the telephone's operation -- right down to the number and denomination of each coin in the box. When service is needed, Millennium knows and instantly sends an alarm to the nearest service location for fast action.
- Centralized control for around-the-clock monitoring and service changes
- Comprehensive self-diagnostic system for each terminal
- Sophisticated alarm system which instantly calls for service
- Logging and reporting of operational notes such as cleaning and directory delivery dates
- Detailed call activity statistics which can be used for planning
A Family of Terminals
Millennium takes you beyond limited options, with a customized solution that's designed to meet the exacting needs of your customers.
Fast access to security. A distinctive image for high-profile locations. Increased convenience for high-traffic areas. A wide range of public access terminals--whether indoor or outdoor, wall mounted or desk top--lets you address the specific requirements of your market. The advanced capabilities and display-based interface make Millennium the choice of the public.
Protection from Fraud
Millennium goes further to protect you and your customers, with a host of fraud fighting features. Fewer losses mean increases in the amount of revenue you retain from each phone.
You can offer consumers a higher level of security when using your telephones. The card reader eliminates the worry of onlookers when dialing a card number. Users simply insert their cards in the reader. Millennium quickly takes an active role -- interfacing in real time with financial institutions for positive card validation, monitoring cards for suspicious use, and issuing early warnings. Each card is also checked against a hot list of up to one million red-flagged numbers.
Millennium even offers safeguards for coin calls. A coin sensor eliminates the use of slugs or foreign coins, and prepayment of overtime eliminates walkaways.
- Quick, accurate verification of credit and calling cards
- Automatic card reader for protection while entering card numbers
- Fast identification of fraudulent cards
- Detection of suspicious card activity through watchdog program
- Electronic coin validation
- Prepaid overtime for reduced loss from walkaways
Note: Capabilities for display-based advertising and Quick Access keys depend upon availability of equipment and service, which may vary by area.
Millennium, Millennium Manager, and Nortel are trademarks of Northern Telecom.
Information subject to change, since Northern Telecom reserves the right to make changes without notice in equipment design or components as engineering or manufacturing methods may warrant.
For more information, contact your Millennium sales representative or call 1-800-4 NORTEL, (800-466-7835) or 214-684-5930.
Millennium Sales and Marketing
2221 Lakeside Blvd.
Richardson, TX 75082-4399